Friday, February 13, 2015

Where to store my working sketches on-line

I'm not sure twitter is the right place for my art. My worked does get viewed and quiet a few favorites, but the rest of the tweeter verse is out chasing celebrities or promoting delusions of self-grandeur. I don't feel at home there although I will post some sketches into #thedailtsketch hashtag, I still firmly believe sketching is good for my soul/health.

My on-line sketchbook on tumblr, In Praise of Rubenesque Mademoiselles, remains largely unviewed and I can't figure out why? I quiet like the paper stacks format (the images are stacked on each other so you have to move them to see what umderneath)
.

By far my best audience is on flickr, that is weher I get the most expoures, view, favourites & comments. Plus I have a group of regular friends who appreciate my art it just a pity I'm considered UNSAFE and therefore cannot be displayed in any public areas. So you have to have a flickr account and be a friend or memeber of a group that allows retricted images to see my art.

So the net result is I'm not sure where to post my work, so there will be a little bit more duplicate posting and probably I'll stick with this place as the best place to keep my works, with a little exposure over on google+ (I'm not sure I believe their views and followers statistics)

Such is Life I guess

No comments: