Friday, July 18, 2008

the haircut


OK I'm a bloke and an old one at that... but there are still a few things I don't get about girls ... the all taking at the same time things and the obsessions with haircuts (and/or new "colour") ... what I do know is often they are always at their most radiant just before and just after the "new haircut" ... & deep in my brain there is a entry that says this is the very best (actually no the only) time to sketch a female friend ... I think it is because it is a fleeting moment when they are at one with themselves and their self image ... well it is my experience that it is a fleeing moment ... before the tantrum and storming off to have a shower and mutter about never going back to that person again .... just glad I'm a bloke

I could not manage to find a video of the waif's performing their wonderfully insightful "the haircut" but this young lady gives her all for the sang ... ok she tries too ... but I guess you will get the picture

The Haircut (The Waifs cover)

[via FoxyTunes / The Waifs]

No comments: