Thursday, September 28, 2006

Understanding the passion

passiflora in pencil
Pencil sketch of passiflora
Art is moral passion married to entertainment. Moral passion without entertainment is propaganda, and entertainment without moral passion is television.

quote from rita may brown


Sorry if this means nothing to you... but art is becoming so like passion to me... i start with a blank page... draw the pencil over it... the image takes shape... I see it from within... there is little that I can do... just surrender to the shades... the lines... build a dark here... a smudge there... then suddenly I msut stop... before my concious mind take control and removes the tenderness... ok its unfinished but it is all i can do and I love it... that is what drawing can bring me to... it is passion... it is arouse... i see the beauty within


I think i am learning to understand gauguin's "à la recherche decstasy, de calme, et lart."

No comments: