Monday, June 20, 2005

rediscovering my neocolour watersoluble crayons

I have a small box... of Caran d'Ache Watersoluble Pastels,well used... they are from the neocolour range... they are great for quick fills in a cartoon and have lovely vivid colours... just no skin colours in the little box i have.... so I had "kind of" neglected them for conventional water colours in my recent sketches... last week i dared to open the little tin again... and used them on these two sketches
gemma watercolour
ravengirl 04
I love the colours... even though it isn't really very close to skin tone

PS: don't carry these crayons in your carry-on baggage when flying... apparently the waxy sticks of pigment show up on the explosive detection devices as something very very dangerous.... and you will be pounched upon.... I now know this

No comments: